Ms. Shujun Liu is the leading partner of our Japanese practice and based in Beijing and Shanghai offices. In addition to providing comprehensive legal services with respect to foreign investment, mergers & acquisitions, labor, foreign exchange, international trade, dispute resolution & litigation, etc. to Japanese enterprises in China and Chinese enterprises in Japan over ten years, Ms. Shujun Liu focuses on antitrust, anti-unfair competition, government regulatory compliance and crisis management. She has served a number of clients across a wide range of industries and sectors, including pharmaceutical, TMT, automobile and spare parts, finance, commercial operation, real estate, maritime transportation, chemicals, food, consumables.
Prior to joining GLO in 2018, Ms. Liu worked at Fangda Partners, King & Wood Mallesons and Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (Tokyo Office).
Admitted to practice in the PRC
Faculty of Law and Graduate Schools for Law and Politics, The University of Tokyo, LL.M.
School of Law, Peking University, LL.M.
School of Law, Renmin University of China, LL.B.
• Represented three Japanese leading shipping companies on the Chinese merger control filing of the integration of their container business and also provided them with legal services related to general corporate matters for the integration of their business in China.
• Represented a number of port-operating companies on the investigation by the China National Development and Reform Commission (“NDRC”) in connection with the abuse of dominance by port operators and provided them with compliance legal services.
• Assisted a foreign machinery manufacturer with its internal investigation into business fraud in China.
• Assisted a multinational telecommunication company legal and regulatory services in its business restructuring in China, including equity contribution, equity transfer, increase or reduction of capital, SOE reform to, listing on National Equities Exchange and Quotations, cybersecurity, user privacy protection, etc.
• Represented a Japanese shipping company in connection with the investigation by the NDRC, which was the first company applied to leniency and was completely exempted from penalty in the similar investigations.
• Provided legal services to a foreign storage battery manufacturer in its acquisition of global storage battery business from another international manufacturer.
• Provided a renowned real estate developer with legal services relating to its operation of office buildings in China.
• Provided a Japanese trading house with legal services in connection with the restructuring of its automobile sales business in and development of new stores.
• Provided legal services to a largest electric appliance retailer in Japan for its store development, acquisition of real estate and business operation in China.
• Provided a large shopping mall operator with legal services for its development and operation of more than ten shopping malls in China.
• Provided the compliance-related consulting and training services on antitrust, anti-commercial bribery, and China's latest regulatory status to multinational companies across various industries such as pharmaceutical industry, automobile, TMT, food, cosmetics and maritime transportation.