Jack Zhanke Li is a Beijing-based partner of Global Law Office, who specializes in intellectual property matters and dispute resolution. Jack has over fifteen years of experience in the field of intellectual property.
With the combination of engineering and legal background, Jack specializes in intellectual property litigations including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, technology contract, and unfair competition. In addition, Jack has rich experience in non-contentious IP matters, including strategic planning and management of corporate intellectual property, special IP services in the process of IPO, IP due diligence, FTO and infringement analysis, and IP licensing and transaction matters.
Jack’s clients include top domestic and multinational enterprises in high-end manufacturing, medicine, communications, Internet, software and other industries. Some cases including follows handled by Jack have been selected as the top ten IP cases of the year or typical IP cases in China.
- “The first case of anti-monopoly regulation of pharmaceutical patent reverse payment” - Top 50 typical IP cases of the Supreme People's Court in 2021
- Represented Beijing New Airport in the patent infringement case re a construction method - Top 15 typical cases of the Beijing IP Court in 2019
- Represented Tsinghua Univ. and Nuctech in a patent infringement case re container inspection system - Top 50 typical IP cases of the Supreme People's Court in 2018
- Represented LEGO in a trademark infringement and unfair competition case - Top 10 IP case in Shanghai in 2018
- Represented in a patent invalidation case re “Authorization device and method for temporary users on Internet access control” - Top 10 patent reexamination & invalidation cases in 2017
Jack has ever represented Sony Mobile v. IWNCOMM in the first SEP case in the wireless industry in China.
In addition, Jack has extensive experience in the fields of life sciences such as biology, medicine and medical devices, and has represented a number of important pharmaceutical or related patent infringement lawsuits, patent invalidation proceedings and follow-up administrative lawsuits, as well as pharmaceutical patent administrative enforcement proceedings.
Prior to joining Global Law Office in 2016, Jack worked with other top-tier PRC firms for years. Jack started his IP practice at an MNC where he worked as an IP Counsel focusing on IP licensing matters.
Admitted in PRC bar and Patent bar
Master of Laws in IP Law, Peking University
- 2017 ALB China Top 15 IP Lawyers
- Client Choice: Top 15 IP Versatile Practitioners, LEGALBAND 2020
- China Outstanding IP lawyers TOP 50, 2018-2019
- The A-List China's leading 100 lawyers, China Business Law Journal 2017
- Highly recommended IP Lawyer, Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500
“Jack Zhanke Li and his team have strong expertise in IP litigation” “Jack Zhanke Li has good English language skills and communicates smoothly with clients. He has extensive expertise and practical knowledge”