We have a large number of legal professionals responding to and solve various cases. Our extensive experience and comprehensive capabilities benefit our clients when dealing with specific and complex legal and business issues. When processing each case, we aim to prevent business interruption of clients to the greatest extent and help clients rapidly solve the problems.
Currently, our dispute resolution team is composed of over 40 partners with more than 70 associates, who have been representing Chinese and multinational companies from various industries including banking, commercial and professional services, construction and materials, consumer and retail, education, energy, financial services, government, industrial engineering, IT, insurance, media, mining and metallurgy, pharmaceutical and life science, real estate, TMT, shipping commerce and affairs, transportation and logistics, etc.
In the field of processing dispute resolution matters, we represented clients in a large number of complicated litigation and/or arbitration cases, including several milestone cases, which were widely followed by general public and intensively reported by media. Whether you are involved in commercial dispute, commercial fraud, financial litigation, real estate dispute or intellectual property dispute and rights protection, our dispute resolution team can always provide comprehensive legal assistance.
We have rich experience in the area of litigation. We are recognized as one of the leading Chinese law firms in the field, and always in the forefront of domestic counterparts. We are particularly specialised in representing international and domestic clients in foreign-related commercial litigation; complex commercial, civil, intellectual property, and labour proceedings; and criminal defense for corporate corporate crime, duty crime, and white-collar crime.
Our expertise in the litigation field spans multiple areas. Our areas of expertise include: disputes regarding foreign direct investment and mergers and acquisitions transactions; disputes related to financial and securities investment; disputes related to construction and real estate contracts; and shipbuilding, repair disputes related to shipping contracts; shipping disputes; insurance related disputes; intellectual property and technology licensing disputes; disputes related to international trade contracts; disputes related to equipment and machinery supply agreements; related to bank financing and other types of financing Disputes related to labour contracts; etc.
We have a strong litigation legal team. We have litigation partners in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen. They are active in the people's courts at all levels in China, including the Supreme People's Court and its circuit courts, and jurisdictions. High People's Court, Intellectual Property Court and Maritime Court.
Our main services include:
- providing solutions to potential disputes
- advising on litigation strategies
- representing clients in various proceedings
- acting for clients in response to various administrative investigations and penalties
- assist clients in out-of-procedure settlement (ADR)
- drafting litigation documents and collecting evidence
- evidence and property preservation and seeking enforcement
We have been a leader in the field of international arbitration. We have been one of the leading Chinese law firms in this field at home and abroad since we undertook the first arbitration case by a Chinese company at the Stockholm Arbitration Institute in Sweden. Our arbitration legal team has long been engaged in legal consulting and dispute resolution in the fields of international trade, international investment, and international finance, including dispute resolution methods such as negotiation, mediation, expert review, arbitration, and litigation. The areas involved are international cargo trading, maritime business Laws in the fields of maritime affairs, foreign investment in China, Sino-foreign joint ventures, international syndicated loans, project financing, construction engineering contracts, insurance, logistics, international technology transfer, patent and know-how licensing, trademark licensing, processing and distribution agreements, etc.
We are one of the Chinese law firms with the largest number of arbitration cases in China. We have successfully represented a large number of arbitration cases on behalf of domestic and foreign clients in the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, China Maritime Arbitration Commission and Beijing Arbitration Commission. In our dispute resolution team, we have a few partners who are arbitrators of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, China Maritime Arbitration Commission, Beijing Arbitration Commission and Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre.
We have a strong international arbitration team and have handled a large number of cases involving Chinese factors in many arbitration institutions including the following:
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- International Chamber of Commerce International Court of Arbitration (ICC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA)
- Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (KCAB)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- China Maritime Arbitration Commission (CMAC)
- Beijing Arbitration Commission (BAC)
- Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (SCIA)
- Shanghai International Arbitration Center (SHIAC)
Our main services include:
- advice on arbitration strategies
- file an arbitration request or respond to an arbitration request
- attend an arbitration hearing
- Seeking enforcement of domestic and foreign arbitral awards
Global Law Office houses a deep bench of practitioners with experience handling a wide range of domestic and overseas litigation and arbitration matters. Has notable knowledge of the asset management and securities markets. Well known for its experience in representing clients before all levels of court including the Supreme People's Court. Also notable for representing clients before various arbitral tribunals, including CIETAC, HKIAC, CICC, the ICC and the SCC. Counts major state-owned enterprises, listed companies and foreign corporations among its clients. Prominently active on cross-border dispute resolution cases, thanks to its international reach and network. Its offering on the international arbitration front has been further strengthened by new lateral hires.
——Chambers-Greater China Region 2022
One impressed source reports: "I would rate lawyers of Global Law Office as exceptional, given their diligence and being good at strategic planning with detailed implementation. Where multiple countries are involved, thanks to their capability and experience with foreign jurisdictions and cultures, they are well accepted and respected by our foreign business counterparties and their foreign legal counsels." Another interviewee recalls: "The team could understand the whole picture at the beginning and gave us accurate advice, which enabled us to have efficient talks with the parties."
——Chambers-Greater China Region 2022
Sources are impressed with their arbitration expertise, with one reporting: "They were very thorough, had a strong grasp of the evidence, and worked very effectively with me to ensure we had good evidence for every point we needed to establish. They had an excellent understanding of procedures in the arbitration system and made very effective use of procedural opportunities. " Another interviewee adds: "The team draws on case law when writing their analysis and advising us on the dispute resolution matter. I think this sets this practice apart from the others."
—Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific 2021
Awards and Rankings
- 2022, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, Chambers and Partners Greater China Region
- 2012-2021, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- 2020,2022, Recommended firm in International & Cross-Border Disputes, Chambers and Partners Global
- 2019-2022, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, Chambers and Partners Global
- 2008-2011, Highly recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- 2018, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution: Beijing, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- 2016-2020, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2013-2015, Top-tier firm in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2001-2010, Highly recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2015-2022, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution, Asialaw Profiles
- 2004-2011, Highly Recommended Law Firm in Dispute Resolution, Asian Legal Business
- 2021, Benchmark Litigation China List: Beijing - Commercial disputes, Construction and real estate, Intellectual property, International arbitration, Government and regulatory; Shanghai - Commercial disputes; Shenzhen - Commercial disputes, Government and regulatory, Benchmark Litigation China
- 2022, Benchmark Litigation China List: Beijing - Commercial Disputes, Construction, Intellectual property, International arbitration, Government and regulatory; Shanghai - Commercial Disputes, Government and regulatory, International arbitration; Guangdong/Shenzhen - Commercial Disputes; Government and regulatory; International arbitration - Recommended; Sichuan/Chengdu - Commercial Disputes, Construction, Benchmark Litigation China
- 2021, Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution List: Commercial and transactions, Construction, Intellectual property, Insolvency, Government and regulatory, International arbitration, Labor and employment, Benchmark Litigation
- 2022, Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution List: Commercial and transactions, Construction, Intellectual property, Labor and employment, Government and regulatory, International arbitration, Insolvency, Benchmark Litigation
- 2021-2022, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution: Litigation, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2015-2020, nominated in consecutive years in Litigation Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2004-2013, Highly Recommended Law Firm in Dispute Resolution, Asian Legal Business
- 2015-2022, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution: Litigation, LEGALBAND
- 2019-2020, Top10 Litigation Agency – Trademark Administration – Administrative dispute over the trademark invalidation between Reckitt Benckiser Health Care International Ltd., and CNIPA, Revocation of first instance administrative disputes between Beijing Junce Jiuzhou Technology Co., Ltd., and CNIPA, IPHOUSE, Zhichanli & IPRdaily
- 2021-2022, Top-tier firm in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2021-2022, China Leading Firm: Beijing - International arbitration (Benchmark Litigation China List), Benchmark Litigation
- 2022, China Leading Firm: Shanghai, Guangdong/Shenzhen- International arbitration (Benchmark Litigation China List), Benchmark Litigation
- 2020-2021, China Leading Firm: International arbitration (Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution List), Benchmark Litigation
- 2014-2020, nominated in consecutive years in International Arbitration Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2004-2013, nominated in Recommended firm in International Arbitration, Asian Legal Business
- 2015, 2017-2022, Recommended firm in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, LEGALBAND
- 2016, Top-tier firm in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, LEGALBAND
- Awards & Accolades