We have extensive experience in Life Sciences & Healthcare (L&H) practice, which allows us to take into account both the business and legal needs for our clients. We leverage the perfect combination of characteristics of L&H sector and our professional expertise to provide efficient and feasible solutions to our clients. We always adhering to the philosophy and principles that emphasizing both industry background and legal knowledge, legal compliance and commercial feasibility.
We deeply understand the relevant laws and regulations of L&H sector in China, as well as the gradually complexity of the local operation environment. We also have close connection with the industrial associations, and participated in the formulation of relevant industry codes of conduct as the committee members.
We are able to provide clients with comprehensive legal services related to L&H, including drug research and development (R&D), clinical research organizations (CRO), pharmaceuticals, life sciences, animal medicine, biopharmaceutical, medical devices, supply producers and distributors, hospitals and other medical service providers and various investment funds in the L&H sector. At the same time, our L&H team always maintains the leading position in the industry, especially for the compliance related matters.
We are the expert in handling reform and restructuring matters for public hospitals, structuring the relevant deals creatively and innovatively in order to achieve the clients’ commercial objectives in the imprecise and unified L&H regulatory environment.
Our services mainly include:
- Compliance and regulatory
- Structuring industry-specific transactions and contractual arrangements
- Realization of pipeline and geographic expansions
- Capital raising and project financing, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations,
- IP protection
- Licensing and distribution arrangements
- Dispute settlement for adverse effects in clinical trials medical treatment
- Represented NFC to acquire United Family Healthcare, Deals of the Year - 2019 China Business Law Journal
- Represented Novartis to acquire GlaxoSmithKline in the field of tumor, which is one of the largest M&A deals in global Life science and healthcare industry in 2015
- Represented Zhejiang Tianyuan Bio Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd to sell its controlling shares to Novartis in Switzerland, which is the first foreign capital to enter the field of human vaccine through the acquisition of controlling shares
- Represented China Resources Pharmaceutical Group and Beijing Municipal Government to reorganise Beijing BeiYao group, involving assets of about 50 billion yuan, four listed companies, which is the largest M & A transaction in China life science and healthcare industry
- Represented BeiGenes (NASDAQ listed company) and Amgen (NASDAQ listed company) to complete a major transaction in the field of biomedicine
- Represented BeiGene (NASDAQ listed company) and Celgene (NASDAQ listed company) to accomplish a strategic transaction globally relative to oncologic sector of Celgene
- Represented Siemens Group to complete the initial listing offering (IPO) of its medical business sector - Siemens Healthcare AG in Frankfurt Stock Exchange (the largest IPO in the European market in 2018)
Global Law Office is a full-service powerhouse firm with a notable practice that offers longstanding experience in the healthcare sector, working with high-profile domestic and international pharmaceutical corporates and investment funds. Widely recognised for its expertise assisting clients in the pharmaceutical and medical arenas on M&A, joint ventures, funding, licensing and regulatory matters. Additionally advises on capital raising and IP matters. Well placed to handle internal and government investigations as well as anti-bribery matters in the health sector. Demonstrates wider strengths in areas including dispute settlement and compliance programmes. Also contributes to research projects and advises on legislative procedures relating to healthcare regulations.
——Chambers-Greater China Region 2022
"They can provide solutions that we appreciate very much," lauds a client, who further says: "They are very practical."
——Chambers-Greater China Region 2022
Clients laud the team for " having a very comprehensive grasp of relevant laws, regulations and the latest changes as well as handling risks with flexibility in negotiations."
——Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific 2021
- 2018-2020, three consecutive years of China Law Awards: Healthcare Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2013-2016, 2018, 2020, consecutive years of Healthcare & Life Sciences PRC Law Firm of the Year, China Law & Practice
- 2015-2016, 2018-2022, Healthcare & Life Sciences Law Firm of the Year for several times, LEGALBAND
- 2016, 2018-2021, Healthcare PRC Law Firm of the Year for several times, China Business Law Journal
- 2019, Deals of the Year: NFC acquires United Family Healthcare, China Business Law Journal
- 2021, Best Business Development Service, the sixteenth China Pharmaceutical and Medtech Business Development Forum (“CHBD Forum”)
- 2020, Best Business Development Service, the fifteenth China Pharmaceutical and Medtech Business Development Forum (” CHBD Forum”)
- 2012, Healthcare Law firm of the year, Acquisition International
- 2021, Healthcare & Life Sciences Law Firm of the Year, the fifth Healthcare Investment ExcellentList
- 2020, Pharmaceuticals, Medical and Biotech Legal Adviser of the Year, Mergermarket China M&A Awards 2020, Mergermarket
- 2020, Pharmaceuticals, Medical and Biotech M&A Deal of the Year - BeiGene, Ltd. (Amgen, Inc.), Mergermarket China M&A Awards 2020, Mergermarket
- 2022, Top-tier firm in Healthcare & Life Sciences, DAWKINS
- 2022, Band 1 Law Firm in Healthcare, Chambers and Partners Greater China Region
- 2013-2021, Band 1 firm in Healthcare, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- 2018-2022, Top-tier firm in Healthcare and Life Sciences, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2016-2022, Top-tier firm in Healthcare & Life Sciences, LEGALBAND
- 2022, Highly recommended firm in Pharmaceuticals and life sciences, Asialaw Profiles
- 2019-2021, Recommended firm in Pharmaceuticals and life sciences, Asialaw Profiles
- GLO advises CARsgen Therapeutics Holdings Limited (HKEX: 02171) on its initial p...
- GLO helps the Restructure of China Operation of Siemens Healthineers for its suc...
- GLO Represents BeiGene in a Mega Deal in China Biopharma
- GLO advises Vincent Medical Holdings Limited on its IPO and listing on the main ...
- GLO Sponsores Sino-Europe BioPartnering 2014
- Awards & Accolades