As the pioneer in the fields of debt restructuring and corporate liquidation/bankruptcy legal services in China, we have extensive experience covering all aspects in this regard which mainly include designing debt restructuring strategy and plan, solving corporate debt crisis, processing corporate liquidation issues (mandatory liquidation and voluntary liquidation), and undertaking bankruptcy cases (including bankruptcy liquidation, reorganization, reconciliation, preliminary reorganization, etc.), serving as bankruptcy case administrator, bankrupt enterprise investor’s and creditors' legal counsel, providing legal opinions and guidance for corporate liquidation cases and processing related derivative disputes.
In recent years, we undertook dozens of complicated bankruptcy and restructuring matters, including several milestone cases, which attract significant attention by general public and intensively reported by media.
Currently, GLO debt restructuring and corporate liquidation/bankruptcy team is composed of dozens of partners and lawyers with practical experience and extensive law enforcement experience, providing efficient and high-quality legal services for a large number of clients in banking and finance, business services, chemical engineering, construction and materials, engineering, energy, internet, manufacturing and mining.
As a member on the manager list of the Beijing High People's Court, we are honored to serve as the first member unit of the Beijing Municipal Association of Bankruptcy Administrators and assume the role of supervisor.
We have undertaken many projects related to this field and accumulated rich experience. Our services mainly include:
- serving as administrator in bankruptcy cases, liquidation group member in company mandatory liquidation cases
- serving as legal counsel of creditor, reorganization party, investor, etc. in bankruptcy cases, providing a range of comprehensive legal services including bankruptcy application, creditors' rights declaration, investment analysis, etc.
- accepting delegation of distressed companies, conducting investigation and analysis about debt restructuring matters, and putting forward bankruptcy prevention and related plans
- providing legal risk investigation services for proposed bankruptcy/liquidation/restructure enterprises
- processing derivative proceedings related to company liquidation, bankruptcy and restructure
- accepting delegation of regulators or relevant parties to participate in risk disposal of financial institutions
- other businesses related to liquidation, bankruptcy and restructuring
- Represented an international top-tier functional beverage company to apply mandatory liquidation of its joint invested Sino-foreign company
- As administrator, we processed the bankruptcy and liquidation project of Global Zhida Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd., during which we helped the court convene the first online creditors' meeting of Beijing court system
- Represented a financial institution regarding the bankruptcy and restructuring project of Yunnan Coal Chemical Industry Group system companies (including Yunwei Company) to handle the creditors' rights of over several billions of RMB
- Represented a central enterprise in the arbitration case related to bankruptcy and restructuring project of Bohai Steel system enterprises involving millions of yuan
- 2022, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific Awards 2022: Impact Case of the Year - HNA Group’s reconstruction, Benchmark Litigation
- 2021, Deals of the year 2021 - HNA Group restructuring, Tewoo Group’s USD44bn reorganization, China Business Law Journal
- 2022, Nominated in Regional Impact Deals: Beijing - Restructuring and insolvency - HNA Holding consolidated restructuring, IFLR1000 China
- 2022, Nominated in Team of The Year - Restructuring and Insolvency, IFLR1000 China
- 2021, Team of The Year - Restructuring and Insolvency, IFLR1000 China
- 2020, Impact Deal Awards (Tianjin) - Bohai Steel Group insolvency, IFLR1000 China
- 2020, Nominated in Case of The Year - Bohai Steel Group insolvency, IFLR1000 China
- 2020, Nominated in Team of The Year - Restructuring and Insolvency, IFLR1000 China
- 2017-2022, Nominated in Insolvency & Restructuring Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2022, Nominated in Insolvency & Restructuring Law Firm of the Year: East China - Non-local, Asian Legal Business
- 2014, Nominated in Insolvency and Restructuring Law Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business
- 2022, Recommended firm in Restructuring and insolvency, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2017-2023, Recommended firm in Restructuring & Insolvency, Asialaw Profiles
- 2020-2022, Recommended firm in Insolvency and Restructuring, LEGALBAND
- 2021-2022, Recommended firm in Insolvency and Restructuring, IFLR1000
- 2022-2023, Recommended firm in Restructuring and insolvency (Beijing & Shanghai), IFLR1000 China
- 2021-2022, Recommended firm in Insolvency (Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution List), Benchmark Litigation
- New Arrivals | GLO Welcomes 6 New Partners
- GLO Successfully Completes Xiamen Port Terminals Resources Reorganization Projec...
- GLO Finishes Two NPL Deals Amounted to RMB11 billions in 2005
- GLO Acts the Legal advisor for Red Flag Software Co., Ltd. （Software developer ...
- Acting for German Thielmann AG for the liquidation of a joint venture company es...
- Awards & Accolades
- GLO Honor | GLO Honored in asialaw Profiles 2021 Edition
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Shortlisted for the inaugural IFLR1000 China Awards
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Honored in LEGALBAND 2020
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Honored in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific Rankings 2020
- Awards & Rankings | GLO Honored in Asialaw Profiles 2020 Edition