GLO warmly welcomes new partners: Mr. Tony Liu, Ms. Yuan Yuan, Ms. Huijie Xu, Mr. Jinghe Wang, and Mr. Zhihong Jian in our Beijing office. With extensive work experience of leading international law firms and top-tier PRC law firms across a wide spectrum of industries, we believe that they will further strengthen private equity and investment fund, as well as capital markets practice of GLO.
GLO New Partners
Mr. Tony Liu is a partner of GLO. He specializes in investment fund, PE/VC, M&A, capital markets, and dispute resolution. Mr. Liu has almost 15 years experiences in investment fund and venture capital areas. Mr. Liu has deep and extensive knowledge on Chinese PE/VC market. He once worked as the general counsel of one of the top PE Fund in China, for more than five years. Mr. Liu is always invited by Asset Management Association of China (“AMAC”), the supervisor of PE/VC fund industry, to attend the meetings in respect of new rules study and provide advice on supervision of investment funds.
Ms. Yuan Yuan is a partner based in GLO Beijing office. She has represented various international and domestic leading investment institutions regarding abundant of PE/VC investment funds design and formation. Ms. Yuan specializes in the design of flexible and efficient legal frameworks for funds in complex and volatile market environment under strict regulatory requirements. Ms. Yuan has broad experience in advising managers of fund of funds in funds investing matters and she assists them in the negotiations with almost all the outstanding funds managers in the domestic private equity industry. Ms. Yuan represents PE/VC funds in providing legal advices in equity, debt investment and investment exit in various investment projects, including many significant transactions in the market.
Ms. Huijie Xu is a partner based in GLO Beijing Office. She specializes in corporation, securities, M&A, reorganization and the restructure of the state-owned companies. As an expert in corporation restructure, reorganization and public offering, Ms. Xu is familiar with the rules of the capital markets, initial public offering, secondary public offering, non-public offering, and reorganization, and the laws and regulations of the restructure, transaction of properties, investments of the state-owned companies and the reorganization and initial public offering of private enterprises. She has advised quite a few (state-owned and private) enterprises on IPO, M&A transactions, share incentives and stock option programs, secondary public offering, etc.
Mr. Jinghe Wang is a partner based in GLO Beijing office. He specializes in PE/VC and Investment Fund practice. With over 10-year extensive experience in this area, Mr. Wang has represented various international and domestic leading investment institutions regarding abundant of PE/VC investment funds design and formation as well as investment vehicles related matters. He has advised many funds, insurance companies, and start-ups in many minority equities investment / financing, M&A and mezzanine investment matters with significant transaction values.
Mr. Zhihong Jian is a partner based in GLO Beijing office. He specializes in private equity fund formation as well as investment and financing. Mr. Jian has rich experience in designing and reviewing private equity fund plans and other crucial legal issues and he has represented abundant of PE/VC investment funds in investor negotiations，including state-owned enterprises, various government guidance funds, parent funds, banks, industrial investors, wealth management institutions and others. He also provides legal services regarding PE fund manager registration, fund filing, FOF investment and operational compliance related matters.
Private Equity and Investment Fund
We have represented many leading foreign and domestic VC and PE funds for their portfolio investments in China, covering a wide range of industries, in addition to formation of VC and PE funds. We also regularly support various onshore and offshore companies with their private equity financings.
We have developed deep proficiency in helping clients with all aspects of investment fund services including fund formation, license application, tax, regulatory compliance, ongoing operations and closings, etc., which could enable our clients to enjoy a focused one-stop service from the very beginning through a single point of contact.
- 2012-2019, Recommended firm in Private Equity: Buyouts & Venture Capital Investment, Chambers and Partners
- 2013-2015, Recommended firm in Investment Fund, Chambers and Partners
- 2019, Recommended firm in Investment Funds, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2018-2019, Recommended firm in Private Equity/Venture Capital, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2016-2019, Top-tier firm in Private Equity and Venture Capital, LEGALBAND
- 2017-2019, Recommended firm in Investment Funds, LEGALBAND
- 2016-2019, Recommended firm in Private Equity, Asialaw Profiles
- 2019, CVCRI·2019 China Venture Capital Award of the Year · Gold Investment Award—Best Private Equity Investment Intermediary Service Institution in China (Law Firm) TOP10, Venture Capital Research of China
- 2017, Legal Advisers of Chinese Enterprises (VC/PE support) Listing on the New Third Board TOP10, Zero2IPO Group
Since China’s first company’s public offering and listing on the New York Stock Exchange, we have assisted numerous companies to gain finance from the domestic and overseas capital market. More importantly, we are experienced in highly complex, structured transactions, advising underwriters and issuers in both debt and equity capital markets.
- 2013-2019, Recommended firm in Capital Markets, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- 2015-2019, Recommended firm in Capital Markets, IFLR1000
- 2016-2019, Recommended firm in Capital Markets: Domestic Issuances, Chambers and Partners
- 2016-2019, Recommended firm in Capital Markets: Hong Kong and Overseas Issuances, Chambers and Partners
- 2017-2019, Recommended firm in Capital markets, Asialaw Profiles
- 2016-2019, Recommended firm in Securities & Capital Markets: Onshore Issuance, LEGALBAND
GLO warmly welcomes these 5 partners and their teams.
We are committed to cultivating legal professionals in an inclusive, upbeat, proactive and united culture. As one of the country's most well-established and respected firms, we will continue to deliver quality one-stop services and contribute back to the society.